In the latest issue of PC Gamer, Bioware provided new details regarding their upcoming title Mass Effect 3. The storyline concludes the trilogy, with Mass Effect 3 carrying over crucial decisions that players made in the first two titles, as well as incorporating all new features, weapons, and abilities.
Summary of details from PC Gamer:
– Garrus, Liara, Kaidan, Ashley and recent addition Tali are all playable characters as long as they survived the previous titles
– No new romances in Mass Effect 3
– 70% of gamers weren’t faithful to their ME1 romance, and that will have an impact in ME3
– Biotics are more potent in combat
– Multi-layered combat areas, encouraging players to seek high ground for better vantage points
– Class specific melee attacks
– Reaperized enemies include Asari, Krogan, Rachni
– Powers will include multiple upgrades (from basic attack to more damage to quicker cool downs)
– Salarian homeworld, the Asari homeworld, the Quarian homeworld, Earth, and Mars are all confirmed locations
– Every major character you have met will play a role in the last game
This last week, Bioware producer Casey Hudson announced via the official Mass Effect 3 Facebook that the title would be pushed from the holiday 2011 window into early 2012. Alongside the statement, Bioware released new screenshots and concept art for the Mass Effect 3, which you can view here. Stay tuned for more information.