In the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, Team Ninja has revealed some of the first details for Ninja Gaiden III.
According to the magazine summary (via NeoGAF), Ninja Gaiden III runs on a modified version of the Sigma 2 engine. The game’s first images showcase Ryu dicing up enemies in classic ninja fashion, confirming the return of blood, and lots of it.
Summary of details:
– Ninja Gaiden 3 runs at 60 frames per second.
– Difficulty level won’t be toned down for casual gamers.
– There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
– The store is no longer. Weapons will upgrade over time.
– Greater emphasis on Ryu’s story. No other playable characters planned yet.
– May support PlayStation Move.
Ninja Gaiden 3 is expected to release in 2012 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Stay tuned for more details.