Firmware update 3.15 will be optional, but will allow PSP ‘minis’ to be playable on your PS3.
Moreover, any mini you’ve already bought for your PSP will now be playable on your home console; just go and download it from the store for free!
You’ll now be able to transfer data between PS3s. All saved data can now be easily swapped between consoles, along with photos, downloadable content and everything else you can think of. Read about the process below.
The process goes as follows:
- Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with an LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV.
- On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings menu and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility].
- Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data.
- After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB.
- If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.