Comment posted Sony closes the gap on Microsoft; 2.9 million difference by Splitting Void.
Kinect is going to suck. Dancing like a queef? Hitting fat red balls? Poking a Kinectimal for fun? At least Move’s got support for triple-A titles. All of Kinect’s games honestly look like time-wasting trash that belongs in a weak iTouch App and knowing Microsoft’s hardware history it’s going to glitch and mess up like hell and they’re just going to keep money-milking their sheep. Honestly, what kind of serious game do you expect to play with this? Oh so you want to be able to kick in your fighting games? I bet the Kinect can hardly even track forward kicks. BTW that Project Natal trailer was fake and heavily edited. It’s only shown the ability to track you jumping and spreading your legs wide and hoping it hits a ball headed for your feet. Yeah, you could totally drop some 2-foot gremlin with a kick like that. Kinect is an unbelievably lame waste of money that’s just meant to grab some quick cash and new 360 buyers.
Splitting Void also commented
- @Reigen, you may be right. But I hope people realize that Kinect is garbage before they spend $150 or so on something so lame. It’s so lame that even their star wars game and their posing-to-hit-the-balls game are on rails because they have no way of actually moving around without a controller and it’s probably going to mess up their Kinect games if they try to implement a controller into them as well, because the camera will pick up the movements of your controller and do unintended things in the game. The concept is OK, but the technology isn’t sophisticated enough to handle doing it right, and knowing MS, they’re going to do a great job advertising and a sloppy job on quality control.
Recent comments by Splitting Void
- Sony reveals 3DTV in a visor
Damn, if it works without a TV and with 3D Blu-Ray then I’m sold. I can just chill in my cramped space and play games and watch movies in 3DHD. Only drawback is that others can’t really watch with you, but I mostly play games by myself anyway.
- Crytek boss believes PS Vita may struggle against mobiles and tablets
I don’t even want mobiles or tablets for gaming…because for one thing their controls and tech aren’t ideal for gaming, and for another thing most of their games lack length, depth, and replay value unless you’re bored out of your mind out somewhere and have a few minutes to play something that looks like it could be made with flash and played for free on the internet. I still think of the PSP and Vita as a portable console to play in the comfort of my room without a console or while I have some time when I’m away from home. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a different market and I don’t want to see the portable console market’s triple-A games die just for the app game market. I have little interest in wasting time playing variations of tower-defense games on an iPod Touch if I have the opportunity to get into a rich storylines, detailed design, and hardcore gameplay on a PSP or Vita.
- Sony Confirms Network Pass Program
I don’t buy used games unless they’re dirt cheap anyway so buying another pass isn’t a big deal to me.
- The State of Playstation Home
I’m not much of a social chatting person. I like helping people and teaming up with people in MMOs and multiplayer games through. Games that give you in-game currency to buy stuff would be good.
- Supreme Court Showdown: Games Industry 1 – Thought Police 0
Isn’t California in massive debt anyway? Shouldn’t they worry about bigger things than just laying all the troubles on the young generation?