Boom. Naughty Dog just dropped a bomb of information down on the world of gaming following the weekend after the Video Game Awards. Not only have they revealed the official release date (May 7th, 2013) but they have also revealed a new trailer (the one showed at the VGAs,) the fact that the game will have multiplayer modes (no more details yet) and a whole slew of preorder bonuses.
The full list of preorder details are as follows for all participating retailers, dubbed the Sights and Sounds Pack:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
In addition to this, GameStop is getting a big list of exclusive preorder bonuses named the Survival Pack:
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
If this wasn’t enough content for you to digest all at once yet they also released the official box art of the game and you should also check out the wonderful new trailer.
Let us know what you think of this onslaught of information in the comments below. Are you ready for this game?
Source: PS Blog