Sony has finally announced the release date for Gran Turismo 5. During Sony’s E3 Conference, they announced the release date for Polyphony Digital’s big racer. The game will be fully playable in 3D and finally, it’ll be out very soon.
New footage was shown of the GT5, but we didn’t care. What we wanted to know was a release date. We got one. Gran Turismo 5 releases for the PlayStation 3 on November 2nd in the US. Oh and that’s November 2nd 2010. Gran Tursimo 5 is out THIS YEAR. At last.
We’ll bring you the latest impressive footage when we can. Oh and tomorrow is a big day for GT5 – Polyphony Digital will be revealing much more about the game to the press.
[UPDATE] – A GT5 limited edition has also been announced, priced at $99.99 in the US.
And it will consist of:
- Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.
- In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material.
- Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain.
- Voucher for five exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades.
- Numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Custom premium collector’s packaging.
Here’s the footage we promised of GT5 as well, straight from E3: