A NeoGAF user named Lakitu recently translated a Spanish magazine and was able to acquire information on Mass Effect 3 to share with everyone. What a generous guy. Check out some of the new information below, but I’m warning you right now of potential spoilers:
- Cerberus has a wide variety of troops at their disposal, including shock troops, assault units, and even mechs.
- Reapers come in different sizes. They range from the smallest ships being 500 meters to the largest being a whopping 2 kilometers.
- Shepard learns some new skills, including the ability to roll, jump over gaps in the ground, and lunge for cover.
- There is a wider variety of melee attacks, and even a new class to maximize efficiency with this expanded melee system: Heavy Melee.
- Engineers can now build turrets.
- Weapons are customizable with mags, sights, etc.
- There are more items to loot.
- Space battles could possibly be in the game, but as of now are not confirmed.
- The scales of the battles are much larger, with people and ships fighting in the background. There are more interactive elements on the screen than ever before.
- BioWare is implementing a new lighting system to add to the photorealism of the game.
- There is a dynamic damage model for enemies. You can damage specific body parts on them such as their arms, legs, and heads, and some enemies require that you shoot at certain areas on their body.
- There is a new scanning system.
- Fights are faster-paced, increasing the speed of the game by ten to fifteen percent.
- Shepard will be going to London, New York, and possibly a moon of Quarian.